Under the Aid Programme for Reindustrialization Actions, promoted by the
Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism, since 2006, the Port Authority has been developing two multi-annual projects cofounded by said Aid:
Included in this project are general development works in the port and, essentially, the basic infrastructure that will make it possible to incorporate it into the port promenade for operators and port concessionaires who will find in the new installations
an appropriate provision of services to meet the needs of a latest generation port.
– Exterior link with the supply and telecommunications networks; Phase I interior networks; Electrical power transformer substation and supply.
– Supply and installation of dock bumpers in the Enlargement Works in the Port of Ferrol (Exterior Port) Phase 1.
– Paving and manoeuvring are and public use. Phase 1
– Installation of bollards and bumpers at the Martillo del Dique de Abrigo.
– Development, reordering and improvement of the area surrounding Cabo Prioriño Chico; Construction and relocation of the Batería de Punta Viñas
– Safety, monitoring and telecommunications systems at Prioriño
– Building housing the Port Authority and Port Monitoring in the Exterior Port of Ferrol.
– Access monitoring infrastructures at the entrance to the Exterior Port of Ferrol.
– Conditioning the access road to Cabo Prioriño and perimeter enclosure in the Exterior Port area.
This project includes the works and actions designed to enlarge, alter and improve the port infrastructureds in the Interior Port of Ferrol, in order to improve ease of exchange between the different modes of maritime and land transport, boosting intermodality
and positioning the port in a favourable competitive situation for attracting Short Sea Shipping lines.
– Ashphalt agglomerate paving of a storage space on the New Dock.
– Paving the existing transitional triangular plot of land between the North Enclosure and the New Dock.
– Conditioning of the existing level crossing on the main street of the port.
– Enlargement of ro-ro ramp No. 2, located at the junction between Fernández Ladreda Dock and the North Enclosure.
– Installation of the electric lifting and hanging system on the enlarged ro-ro ramp No. 2.
– Separation of the pedestrian traffic on the entry roundabout at the North Access to avoid interference with road and rail traffic: “As” cable-stayed footbridge at the access to the Port of Ferrol.
– Construction of an additional bollard on the North Enclosure Dock (bollard No. 11).